October 31, 2014
(Daily updates are made after 11AM)
Who is my Counselor?
A-C: George Geranios
D-HOPP: Kristina Howe
HOR-MEN: Matt Gruhler
MER-SEL: Jay Gowen
SELL-ZZZ: Chrissy Brown
Special Programs: Stephanie Jakubek
Freshman Corps: Julie Vanover
Attendance Office Notice:
Skyview does not have an attendance call-in line. A note with a parent signature is required within 3 days to excuse a students absence.
(e-mails to firstname.lastname@example.org can also be sent if necessary, but NO PHONE CALLS)
- Drama club meeting today in the choir room at 2:15pm
- Freshmen football reminders: Turn in gear today after school @ 2:20PM out back
and the banquet is next Wednesday 11/05 at 6PM in the Commons.
- Come to the Storm Buddies Halloween party this Friday during tutorial and lunch in room 216. Everyone is welcome!
- A representative from the University of Puget Sound will be meeting here at 11:15 am in the Career Center
- Skyview-Do you have what you need to battle the weather? The Market Place does! For all your We have massively large blankets to keep a small family warm (or a large family of porcupines), full zip hoodies and oh so much more!
Messages from Nurse Beatty:
The Vancouver School District, including Skyview, has many students with potentially life threatening peanut and tree nut allergies. If you are bringing treats to school for seasonal parties, or after school activities, please do not send in candies and baked goods that contain peanut or tree nut products. Also all foods should be commercially prepared with the ingredients listed.
Thank you for helping us keep these severely allergic children safe.
Gastrointestinal illnesses (Vomiting and/or Diarrhea) :
Vancouver Public Schools is now following these guidelines developed by the Clark County Health Department:
** Children, staff, and volunteers will need to stay home for 48 hours after the last time they vomited or had diarrhea.**
Please assist us in keeping potentially contagious illnesses from spreading to others in your child’s school, by keeping your child home from school for 48 hours.
Mary Ann Beatty, RN