Recent graduates who are interested in apprenticeships – learn what it takes to become a heavy equipment operating engineer. Apprenticeship contacts tell Career & Technical Education (CTE) that ANY work experience is good experience. Start putting your heavy equipment career plan in action and register.
FOR PUBLIC NOTICE:
Oregon-Columbia Heavy Equipment Operators JATC MA # 1175 will accept registrations for Heavy Equipment Operators
REGISTRATIONS ACCEPTED https://nwcoc.com/ FROM JULY 6-19, 2020.
- 18 years old
- High school diploma I GED I equivalent
- Pass a UA substance abuse test
- Complete an interview with the committee
- Complete our Orientation and Construction Safety Training Session OR have at least 1.000 on-the-job hours of construction experience documented within 12 months preceding the application date
APPLICATION POINT SYSTEM:
Qualifying applications are reviewed and scored according to a point system. Points are awarded at time of application when written documentation is submitted for: valid driver’s license, COL, military, Americorp, Peace Corp, Vista, vocational training, post-secondary education, work experience documented on company letterhead, completion of BOLl approved pre-apprenticeship and interview score.
- Employment opportunities are subject to economic conditions
- Selection will be based on an applicant ranking system
- Employers may require a valid driver’s license and separate drug test
- VETERANS who have GI Benefits may use them in this program
- Graduates of a SOLI-approved Pre-.Apprenticeship Program are encouraged to use this program
- GEOGRAPHICAL AREA: All of Oregon and six counties in SW Washington
For more information call: 503-256-7300 | Toll-Free 1-800-309-1442 or go to www.nwcoc.com
This opportunity/program is not sponsored by Vancouver Public Schools. This posting is a community service and does not imply endorsement.