This local $2,500 scholarship is designed for seniors to help them pursue most post-secondary educational opportunities (trade school, college or university). AND who doesn’t NEED the $$$?!?
- Open to local high school seniors who have ALREADY been accepted into a college, university or trade school
- 500-word essay or video or digital resource on the topic given
- Provide a copy of your acceptance letter to post-secondary institution
- Most recent transcripts
- Application form (if you don’t have a printer, ask your Career Specialist to print out the application)
The candidate will be evaluated based on the following scoring criteria:
- Acceptance into a post-secondary educational program following their graduation (pass/fail)
- Engagement with and/or service to those around them in school, community, family and/or employment (Item 7 on application) 25%
- Essay Subject 50%
- Question Responses 25%
More information can be found on the application form about the scoring criteria and process. All application materials should be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: March 30, 2022
For more information on college enrollment, military opportunities, scholarships, and employment, check out FutureMe.vansd.org and students should login to Xello. Xello is Vancouver Public Schools’ College & Career Readiness platform and students can login directly through ClassLink.