Transfer forms for in-district boundary exceptions are available online and in school offices.
Applications for the 2018-19 school year will be accepted January 8, 2018-March 14, 2018.
For an initial request:
- Fill out the In-District Choice Transfer form available online or at any school or district office.
- Turn in completed form to the school you want to attend.
- The school staff will record the date and time on the application form when it is received by the school.
- The principal at the requested school will accept the transfer or deny it and mark the reason for denial.
- If accepted, the parent fills out registration paperwork for new school when ready to enroll. New school contacts resident school to withdraw student and send records.
For renewal request:
- No action is required by the family (see exceptions 2 and 3 below). Renewals will be automatically granted as long as space is available and a boundary has not been revoked. Reasons for revocation include: attendance, discipline, space availability, and not meeting magnet program expectations.
- A new boundary form will be required for students who are in dual language/immersion and hi-cap/challenge programs if they are changing schools.
- A new boundary form will be required for students who want to attend a school other than the school in the feeder pattern which they are currently attending.
Is the transfer guaranteed forever?
Requests for student transfers are considered each school year. Renewals will be automatically granted as long as space is available and a boundary has not been revoked. A transfer approved one school year does not guarantee approval the following year. The exception is for students in magnet, dual language/immersion, and hi-cap/challenge programs. Approval as students enter these programs extend for as long as they remain in these programs.